Monday, November 7, 2011

Portal to Christmas

So I guess it's National Blog Post Month, and by the 7th of this month, this is my first post. On the one hand, since we're coming up on Christmas and I work in retail I don't imagine there will be very many more posts until at least December 26th. On the other hand, last year around this time I had plenty of idiot shopper stories to share (I just didn't because I'm a lazy blogger sometimes.) so who knows, maybe this will be a productive 4th quarter. 4th quarter. Look at me with my retail jargon.

While perusing Google trying to learn what NaBloPoMo meant (national blog post month) I found someone's blog describing November as the portal month to Christmas. Which I thought was funny because we started holiday stuff in at work around late September, and just this past week we put up ornament shaped things. As in, Christmas decorations. It made me sad.

For the upcoming season, because of my sweet new promotion, I will now be working overnights. Strictly. Through December. This should be sweet.

I love The Vampire Diaries, and finally be able to watch a new episode, more than three days after it's originally aired, makes me really miss having cable, or a dish, and makes me regret wanting to feel morally superior in some way by not illegally downloading things anymore. It's not even that good of a TV show, and I know this, but I still really like it. I feel like the writers are actually trying for good story lines, sometimes the dialogue is crap, or the acting feels cardboard-y or stale, but the storyline itself is clearly a well thought out concept, and I appreciate that.

On that note, Season of the Witch (with the timely Nicolas Cage) is like the exact opposite. No, if it were exact it would have good acting and dialogue. It does not. Watch it with friends for a good laugh. Cause it feels like a Sci-Fi Original, if you know what I'm saying.


As it turns out, this movie wasn't a Sci-Fi Channel original as I previously thought, but that's where I saw it first and I've measured everything since against it's truly awesome-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment