Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Day Late, But Not a Dollar Short

I completely missed 11.11.11. I mean, I was around for it, I didn't like sleep straight through 24 hours. But it didn't really register to me. I even told Jeremy about it before he went to work. And it was all over Facebook, but I mean really, what are you supposed to do? It was Veteran's Day as well, which seemed more important to me but all I saw on Facebook was people talking about it being Nigel Tufnell day. That's great, I get the joke guys. Maybe they just don't know of any veteran's that they think a fictional character is more relevant. Maybe that's just where we've come to as a society. I'm constantly telling Jeremy I can't stand today's youth, this is one of many, many reasons. (Today's youth. I'm 23, am I still part of that youth? God I hope not. They're dreadful little assholes who can't drive and have no sense of self-worth or the world around them.) The date did finally register to me though when I was signing off on last night's projects at work and I had to write the date. Normally most people write it as the day the month the year, but I write it as the month the day the year, unless I'm specifically asked to do otherwise. But last night I was like, I can write it any way I want, cause it's going to read correctly in any country! Assuming those countries use numbers instead of characters. Do other countries, like China or Iraq, use characters instead of numbers? I have no idea about these things.

So that's it. Oh, and I'm finally going to my brother's new place tonight. We were supposed to go last weekend but he cancelled cause he had to work... I'm sure. But we're definitely going tonight. And I get to see their new cat, it's called Feral and she was a rescue who cost a lot of money to spay. Damn animals. If I ever get a new cable for my camera I'll post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment