Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Like a Dark Portent

So I haven't adjusted to my new shifts yet (cause I've only had two) and I forgot to take a nap before I went in yesterday. I didn't think it would be that hard to adjust cause it's a five hour shift but I still wake up early naturally, an hour or so later now having not gone to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. So having been up since about 8 yesterday morning around the second hour of my shift (11:30 PM) I started thinking how great it would be to take a nap in the pile of denim I had been working on.

I didn't.

But I still think it would have been great.

In other news, the kitchen sink that I've been bitching about for a few weeks now that refuses to drain? I didn't use it all yesterday, cause I was going to wait till we bought some drain cleaner before doing the dishes so it wouldn't fill up and take two hours to drain, as is its wont. Last night the neighbor decided to do dishes. And we discovered something fun: there's a massive block of some kind in the plumbing and her water ran down, and then back up, into our sink. It was black, and gurgling, and it smelled like liquid death. So our sink doesn't drain right cause the block is directly beneath us. Her sink drains because it just comes back up into ours. So I get to interact with the landlord again and try to convince him in the nicest way possible that he isn't actually a plumber and that he should call one. Cause this cast-iron plumbing is for crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment