Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Glasses Are Stupid

I broke my glasses yesterday, while they were on my face. By running into a door frame. It was the most idiotic thing I remember doing ever. I had clothes hanging up to dry on hangers, the hangers were on the top of the door frame to our closet, and they took up the entire entrance.

To get into my closet, I duck under the clothes. I did this yesterday, except I was getting a shoe box from the shelf, and I guess I thought I was being cool cause when I ducked in I went in one swift motion, reached for the box, retrieved it, and ducked back out without moving my feet. I did this for two other boxes prior to the fatal box and I thought it was bad ass (because I'm a loser and also have low standards). So naturally, just when I think I've got a groove going and I'm feeling like Daisy handing the coat check girl everyone's coats, crack! I hit my glasses right on the edge of the frame. They smashed into my face, which felt awesome, and then clattered to the floor. They actually clattered, and that needs to be mentioned twice because our apartment is carpeted. The impact was so severe that my glasses clattered onto a soft surface.

I hate things about my life.

The good news is I can still wear them. The bad news is that the way I had to adjust them makes the right side of my head hurt, like it's being pinched. Which it probably is. Also, I keep adjusting them like they're crooked. They actually aren't. So good job on my part on the fixing thing.

Oh, also glasses are super expensive even with insurance. I was going to Wal-Mart before and it was pricey, but I really hoped insurance would make a difference. Not so much. So until I can find an affordable doctor, I'm alternating between my busted glasses (which pinch my head and make it feel explodey) and my contacts (which I'm positive will one day make my eyes explode).

Yay.

The Daisy bit should be around like 2:24 I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment