Friday, August 26, 2011

Nail Polish and Carpet Staples

I couldn't decide what color to paint my nails, so I started mixing some of my older ones and the ones that were dwindling and making new colors. But then I still couldn't make up my mind so I'm trying out ten different ones right now. I had a few more but I kicked their asses to the curb. I'll deal with them later. Anyway, the colors turned out to be five warm shades and five cool shades so I ROYGBIV-ED that shit. And now my left hand is my cool hand. I'm calling it Luke.

In unrelated news, there's this house for sale (rent to own) near my parents that's actually kind of affordable. It's only a little bit more expensive a month than this one but it's bigger, it has a garage that isn't falling apart, and all the money we'd be sending out once a month would be going towards us actually owning the house.

It isn't very practical for me to be driving the distance to work for only four hours but I am still looking for more jobs so it might not be too bad. We still have to look at it first. My parents saw it and said it was nice but that it would need a little work. I guess the owners pulled up the carpet but don't plan on doing anything with the floors. Mum said there were still carpet staples in the floor. And it looks like the roof is going to need some work. Exciting.

I know we shouldn't be this picky, considering our financial state and that we are looking for a rent to own like this. I just don't know if I want our first house to be a fixer upper that will end up taking forever for us to fix, if we ever do get it finished. Plus, we don't have the money to have the floors done, or the roof for that matter.

I guess we could just pull up the staples and put area rugs down until we get to a point where we can throw money around. We're going to look at it tomorrow. Fingers crossed it isn't a total shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment