Friday, April 15, 2011

Jeremy and the Passport Office

So the passport processing has changed venues, and by that I mean they've moved from their own little cubby in the Annex Building to the Title and Plates cubby just across the hall. And their are no other indications once you get in the title room about what to do. So we took a number. And then about ten minutes late whilst waiting for our number to be called, this little Asian lady walked in and right up to the counter and asked to fill out a passport application. And they just took her into the little room to fill one out. I was upset. So I went up and asked about a passport and the lady told me to take a number, which booyah! we already had. Apparently that little Asian broad is above the rules and the number system. La-dee-dah.

So when Jeremy's number was finally called there was a discussion amongst the other three people who were also applying for passports and needed applications. Because they changed the application since last year so everyone who had the old one all filled out, two of the three people, had to fill out a new one. (I also had to do this when I applied for mine last month.)

Anyway while Jeremy was in there doing his application thing I hung out and talked with the husband of the Puerto Rican woman who had to get a new birth certificate because some database had been hacked in Puerto Rico and the US wouldn't accept hers anymore. They were going on a cruise in the Caribbean. His family is from Wales, Germany and Scotland, much like mine. And then of course the incredibly adorable and sweet old man sitting next to me whose grandfather was from Wales. I wanted to talk to him more but Jeremy came out cause he was done.

When I told him about the people he said the passport bureau (is that a thing? I don't know) was going to think there was a coup happening between Ohio and Wales. And also, the passport ladies were baffled by his birth certificate, which is from Connecticut, because they had never seen one and there was so much information on it.

And then we came home cause he has to go to work soon.

The end.

Well, until we get the passports.

No comments:

Post a Comment