Sunday, November 4, 2012

Being Less Than Awesome

Had a freak out yesterday. At precisely 8:00 last night, I checked the time on my phone and felt my heart drop. I hadn't written a single word. The goal is to write, according to the graph on the website, 1,667 words a day to total 50,000 words by the end of the month. Thursday and Friday combined I wrote over 6,000, which you would think would mean I was on a super awesome streak. But no. All day yesterday at work, buying groceries, driving home, making dinner, I couldn't think of a single damn thing to write. There are 13 different stories in my so-called 'novel' and I couldn't think one effing word to put in any of them. I am angered.

This is my profile on the site, I don't know if it'll actually take you to it if you don't have an account, but if it does, then keep checking back in to see how I progress. (You'll only see the word count.) If you see the numbers haven't changed in a day or so, then I have obviously given up any hope of ever being a successful author and it would be helpful if you sent me a message, or text, or whatever and said 'hey Storm, don't be such a failure. you're making the rest of us humans look bad to any possible alien invaders.' (It's a thing.)

Today's goal is going to be small. Today's goal is 100 words. I've exceeded my goal for the first two days, and since yesterday was such a disgrace (I am very disappointed in myself.) I'm going to tone it down a bit, and try for mediocrity instead of excellence. It's a sad thing when you have to tone down your awesomness, but when the awesomeness isn't coming then you must accept your temporary less-than-awesomness.

Such is my life.

In much brighter news, my last day of work is the 17th. I'll be moving on to other things. Not the library yet, but the library is taking forever. I'll wait that long, and gladly, but in the meantime I'm going to start doing things to better my life. Step one is leaving a part-time job. Step two to be determined.

I made cinnamon coffee bread this morning. That's the end of that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment